On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 06:39:58PM +0100, Andreas Delmelle wrote:
> On 17 Nov 2008, at 12:36, Vincent Hennebert wrote:
>
> Hi Vincent
>
>> Does anybody know why FOP Trunk completely screws up the rendering of
>> the attached file? It works fine when removing the fo:inline element,
>> so
>> I guess this has something to do with that element. FOP 0.95 renders
>> the
>> file correctly, both with and without the fo:inline.
>
> I cannot pinpoint which change would have triggered this, but running
> some tests here, it seems hyphenation is also an influencing factor. If
> you disable it, the document renders fine. The problem is not restricted
> to fo:inline. Using a fo:wrapper produces the same weird result...
>
> I suspect it is related to some changes in TextLayoutManager (a lot has
> changed in there compared to 0.95), so I'm going to look a bit deeper
> (debug what happens with the element list during hyphenation), and will
> let you know if I find anything.

Someone sent me a file which also shows problems with hyphenation:

<fo:block hyphenate="true"><fo:inline>Some text ending in a space and
a period .</fo:inline></fo:block>

If the text is longer than a line, parts of the text
disappear. Without hyphenation there is no problem. Maybe it is
related.

Simon

--
Simon Pepping