From: Chris Bowditch [mailto:bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, 4 July 2009 7:03 PM
To: fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: Anyone alive on the list at the moment?

Martin Edge wrote:

Yes there are people here listening but at least 2 regular developers
are on holidays ATM so thats why responses might be slow or lacking.

> Need some help understanding why the trunk does not behave properly when
> dealing with missing fonts.
>
> I used to have Metric files to define my fonts, but they do not seem to
have
> any effect anymore.

What affect are you expecting from metric files exactly? You shouldn't
need to use metric files with FOP trunk in all but a tiny number of use
cases (IIRC, TTC is the main use case where metric files must still be
used) In all other cases using metric files puts you at a disadvantage,
i.e. FOP will ignore AFM Files for Type1 Fonts.

> Urgently trying to get the new intermediate format to work for a job I
need
> to run.

I was going to ask for more details on the problem but looks like you've
provided further information in a separate thread.

Chris