Hi,

> Author: vhennebert
> Date: Wed Jul 22 17:51:02 2009
> New Revision: 796812

> Log:
> Blocked revision 796809 from Trunk (corresponds to changes made in this
> branch and merged back to the Trunk)

A word of explanation about this commit and rev. 796809:
I used Subversion 1.5’s new feature to track merges between branches.
That feature is perfect to regularly update the branch with changes from
the Trunk, then merge everything back into the Trunk in one go.

Unfortunately my case was a bit different since I wanted to merge to
Trunk only the clean-up changes made in the branch. The other changes
made to support changing IPD are so hacky that I’m not sure I’ll ever
want to see them integrated into the Trunk. And Subversion doesn’t
provide (yet?) a means to cherry-pick changes from a branch (the other
way round is possible, though).

I could have used the svnmerge script to track changes ported to the
Trunk, but that was a bit overkill, and not doable in a single commit.
So I chose to do it by hand.

So, in rev. 796809 I merged back to Trunk the clean-up changes made in
the branch, and in this commit I blocked that revision.

More details about Subversion’s new merge feature in their (excellent)
online book:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.5/svn.branchmerge.basicmerging.html
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.5/svn.branchmerge.advanced.html

Thanks,
Vincent
  • Re: svn commit: r796812 - in /xmlgraphics/fop/branches/T... Vincent Hennebert