Hi there,
I'll work on AFP font embedding in the next few days. So far, all AFP
fonts were always referenced (embedding is not supported right now). I'm
planning to introduce the same behaviour as for PDF and PostScript:
embed all fonts by default except if embedding is forbidden or the
"referenced-fonts" element contains a match for a font. Embedding AFP
fonts is best practice AFAIK. It also simplifies verification in various
AFP viewers because you don't have to set up the fonts for all viewers
and printers separately.

But of course, this changes the current default behaviour which is why I
bring this up. Does anybody see a problem with the course of action?

Thanks,