----- Forwarded message from annou...@apachecon.com --------

Subject: ApacheCon US 2009: Early bird registration + Travel assistance
        details and dates!

Two announcements regarding the upcoming ApacheCon US 2009:

1) Early-bird registration ends 14 August. Sign up today!

Join us at ApacheCon US 2009, the ASF's official user conference and expo, 2-6
November in Oakland, California. This year???s show is anticipated be the
largest gathering of the global Apache community, bringing together Foundation
members, code contributors, users, developers, system administrators, business
managers, service providers, and vendors for a week of training classes,
seminars, sharing and hacking. In celebration of the ASF's milestone 10th
Anniversary, this year's ApacheCon features the largest program to date,
including special content tracks, MeetUps, GetTogethers, and a number of free
events that are open to the public, such as the Hackathon and 2-day
BarCampApache, in appreciation of their support over the past decade. We're
excited to return to the San Francisco Bay Area, where we held our first
ApacheCon, and hope that you will help us celebrate the ASF's success! For
details on ApacheCon, including registration and sponsorship
information, visit http://www.us.apachecon.com/

2) Applications for Travel Assistance for ApacheCon US 2009 Now Open!

The ASF Travel Assistance Committee (TAC) has opened applications to assist
those seeking to attend ApacheCon US 2009, but are unable to do so for
financial reasons. Assistance is open to all people involved in Open Source
projects; financial support is available for flights, accommodation,
subsistence and Conference fees, either in full or in part, depending on
circumstances.

There are limited places available, and all applications will be scored on
their individual merit. Hurry -- the application period is 27 July-17 August
2009: be sure to complete the application form at http://www.apache.org/travel/
today!

(Applicants will be informed of their status within two weeks of application
closing date.)

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Simon Pepping