Hi Vincent

That would be Barcode4J, for example. If the latest code from
Barcode4J's CVS HEAD is used, ImageConverters get registered. One of
those can convert Barcode XML to Graphics2D which should be picked over
the Barcode XML -> SVG implementation in the PDF case. But that will
only be triggered with the new IF. With the renderer, I assume (without
checking) the XMLHandler interface will be used.