Hi Chris,

2009/11/26 Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>

> Adrian Cumiskey wrote:
>
>> I agree it might be better if the AttributeQualifier triplet is at the end
>> of the list as it is optional, and FullyQualifiedName and AttributeValue are
>> both manditory.  I would be very surprised if this should cause a problem as
>> I don't believe there are any ordering rules for triplets.  I'd be
>> interested to hear how bug manifests itself?
>>

> MO:DCA Specification dictates the order of the triplets, here:
> http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/HA3M5M00/5.82.2?SHELF=APSBK320&DT=20010307105730

I don't believe that it does, this is just a list of possible applicable
triplets for the TagLogicalElement structure field, the order in which they
are present should not be important.

> Attribute Qualifier is the last part of TLE structured field.
>
> One of our customers has a process that extracts the TLE values which now
> fails because the 10 bytes of the AttributeQualifier occur in front of the
> value.

I do not think that it is correct for your customer to make this assumption
about the position of the triplet in the structured field data.   AFAIK it
is still perfectly valid AFP so long as all the mandatory triplets are
present and all the structured field data lengths and triplet data lengths
are present and correct.  But if this patch fixes the problem for your
client I have no problem with you applying it.

Adrian.