Peter B. West wrote:
Are you on 1.5 yet? 1.5 has bidi support, doesn't it?

Not yet. In any case, relying on AWT classes for positioning text is a poor strategy in my opinion as the AWT implementation varies wildly between JDK Vendor, Operating/System and JDK build. Which is too many factors to get consistent results.

Chris

Peter