Hi Jeremias,

I have come to the same conclusion, but because the print out looked good I
originally assumed that if the font outline was being extracted, then the
font metrics were there too.  I am now wondering if the printer  derived the
font from elsewhere!

Thanks for your help!

Pete

I have observed that the fallback widths are indeed being used, messing up
my layout.