Is there a good/strong reason why PageViewport and Page are defined as
subclasses of AreaTreeObject rather than Area? In my recent work to add full
support for the writing-system trait, I found it to be more consistent to
redefine these as subclasses of Area. After all, the XSL-FO spec defines
them as a viewport/reference area pair as generated by fo:page-sequence, so
notionally speaking, they should be first class areas.

By the way, changing them to Area did not produce any regression in the
junit tests, so it does not seem a breaking change at first order.

Regards,
Glenn