I don't plan to do any refactoring, just fixing warnings. The point of this
is to be able to easily find new warnings introduced, and doing so is quite
impractical with the current number of extant warnings. If we can get to a
state of no warnings, then perhaps we can attempt to maintain that state of
affairs for future commits, at least on the trunk.

G.