I've mentioned the deprecated methods in my reply to Vincent. I'll
restore two instances which can be handled later. At least one is kind
of important as long as I haven't done a Barcode4J 2.1 release (which is
long overdue).

Do I understand you correctly, Simon, that you're OK to leave the CS
comments for now and revisit later? I could live with that, too. If I
read Vincent and Chris correctly, they are not absolutely against having
the CS comments for now although they are not at all happy about them.
Please correct me if I got that wrong! Removing them later is always a
possibility. I'm not too happy to disregard a majority opinion
especially since Glenn is not yet a committer. But I guess leaving the
CS comments for now allows us to continue and we can still reduce (or
get rid of) the CS comments later.

I know I'm currently behaving like a flag in the wind but I'm really a
bit clueless what the best way is since we do not have a consensus right
now. But I'd like to continue here as quickly as possible. I didn't get
to handle the patch today due to a support request (FOP go boom with PDF
sizes over 2GB). But the weather doesn't look to good here during the
weekend so I may be able to get this done tomorrow.