Someone asked me how much work it would be to implement relative-align
on lists. I wonder if the following approach will work:

ListItemLayoutManager first gets the element list for the label, then
for the body. Each time a Layout context is passed it. The
LineLayoutManager could set the baseline information for the first line
as long as no other down-stream layout context has set that information.
Then that information could be passed up until the ListItemLayoutManager
which could then insert a dummy KnuthBox for a space used for alignment.
The ListItemContentLayoutManager could then handle the necessary
additional space. Probably something similar for tables. A little
awkward but that should work.

Is that feasible or does anyone have a better idea?

Thanks,