Craig,

Thanks for the additional pointers. This was my first time to use maven to
be honest. Since it is an Apache tool, I thought that perhaps using it would
help me integrate better with common Apache tools.

I did had to struggle a bit with some of the configuration ... *and* consult
the source code of some of the plugins to figure out what was what. In the
end, after more than a few times using the -X option, I learned the right
tricks and got it working.

Even with all that, I find it generally cleaner due to its built-in
paradigms (lifecycles), which allow for better shared understanding of the
process, and something one doesn't get from tool sets that don't formalize
common conventions.

Since you obviously have more experience with maven than I, I would
appreciate any constructive comments you may have about the way I have gone
about configuring it.

Regards,
Glenn