Thanks for this explanation. I tried it with the code from your git
branch, with mixed results.  Simplified Arabic is a Windows font, so I
had to get it from there. My output with this font is not as nicely
positioned as yours. I also tried other fonts on my machine with the
first arabic block (Mark to Base, first line). With some fonts I had a
nice result. With other fonts I got each of the four characters on a
separate line, with no diacritical marks. With one font, FreeSerif, I
got an exception:

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: unsupported device table
delta format: 0

I can send you the generated pdf file if you wish.

Is saving space in the if file important enough to devise a compressed
notation? You could also simply list the tuples in the attribute
value, e.g. dp="{ 0, 0, 0, 0 } { 5600, 1952, -6432, 0 } { 0, 0, 0, 0 }
{ 608, -9664, -6400, 0 } { 0, 0, 0, 0 }", which would make
understanding of the code to interpret it easier.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.eu