On 21/12/2010 13:46, jerry wrote:
> Hi,

Please don't send questions about FOP's use to the fop-dev mailing list.
Instead please send such mails to fop-user mailing list. fop-dev is used
for talking about Java code internal to FOP.

> [...]
> <fo:region-body margin-top="3cm"/>
> <fo:region-before extent="3cm"/>
> <fo:region-after extent="1.5cm"/>
> </fo:simple-page-master>
> </fo:layout-master-set>
>
> <!-- starts actual layout -->
> <fo:page-sequence master-reference="first">
>
> <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
>

> <fo:list-block provisional-distance-between-starts="0.7cm"
> provisional-label-separation="0.15cm">
>
> <!-- nested list item -->
> <fo:list-item start-indent="0.5cm">
> <!-- insert a number -->
> <fo:list-item-label end-indent="label-end()">
> <fo:block text-align="end">a.</fo:block>
> </fo:list-item-label>
> <!-- list text -->
> <fo:list-item-body start-indent="body-start()">
> <fo:block text-align="justify">
> nested list item </fo:block>
> </fo:list-item-body>
> </fo:list-item>
>
> <!-- nested list item -->
> <fo:list-item start-indent="0.5cm">
> <!-- insert a number -->
> <fo:list-item-label end-indent="label-end()">
> <fo:block text-align="end">b.</fo:block>
> </fo:list-item-label>
> <!-- list text -->
> <fo:list-item-body start-indent="body-start()">
> <fo:block text-align="justify">
> nested list item with more text. nested list item with more text.
> </fo:block>
> <fo:block text-align="justify">
> nested list item with more text. nested list item with more text.
> </fo:block>
> <fo:block text-align="justify">
> nested list item with more text. nested list item with more text.
> </fo:block>
> </fo:list-item-body>
> </fo:list-item>
>
> <!-- nested list item -->
> <fo:list-item start-indent="0.5cm">
> <!-- insert a number -->
> <fo:list-item-label end-indent="label-end()">
> <fo:block text-align="end">c.</fo:block>
> </fo:list-item-label>
> <!-- list text -->
> <fo:list-item-body start-indent="body-start()">
> <fo:block text-align="justify">
> nested list item </fo:block>
> </fo:list-item-body>
> </fo:list-item>
>
> </fo:list-block >
>
> </fo:flow>
>
> Correct content of the generated rtf should be as followed:
>
> a.nested list item
>
> b.nested list item with more text. nested list item with more text.
>
> nested list item with more text. nested list item with more text.
>
> nested list item with more text. nested list item with more text.
>
> c.nested list item
>

> But the result is not correct.
>
> a.nested list item
>
> a.nested list item with more text. nested list item with more text.
>
> nested list item with more text. nested list item with more text.
>
> nested list item with more text. nested list item with more text.
>
> a.nested list item
>
> Lists with the roman list label has the same problem.

I am far from an expert with RTF, but I suspect it must be a bug. Please
open a bug in bugzilla and attach (not copy and paste) the XSL-FO there.

> It seems that FOP treat these labels as bullet labels or it cannot
> deal with the auto increment of the alpha and roman labels.
>
> Is there any solution?

I am not aware of the solution. It could be that others on the mailing
list will know.

> I have tried the newest revision of FOP but the FOP generated a blank
> rtf file. Is the rtf function removed in this revision?

RTF support has not been removed. I guess you have stumbled across
another bug. Please open a second bug report in bugzilla.

Thanks,

Chris