On 02 Feb 2011, at 00:46, adelme...@apache.org wrote:

> Author: adelmelle
> Date: Tue Feb  1 23:46:38 2011
> New Revision: 1066275

> Log:
> Add type safety to PositionIterator + attempt at javadoc improvement

Note: while going over this, the current situation struck me as slightly
awkward.
I am unsure of the original intentions when it was implemented, but the fact is
that we now have five PositionIterator subclasses, four of which override the
abstract getPos() and getLM() methods to do exactly the same thing...
Proposed alternative? Make PositionIterator non-abstract, provide default
implementations for getPos() and getLM(), and use the type directly, instead of
those scattered StackingIter inner classes in the LMs which are basically
copies of each other.

Other suggestions to clean this up a bit?

Regards,

Andreas
---