Hi all, I'm really interested on merge-pages-across-index-key-references /
merge-sequential-page-numbers / merge-ranges-across-index-key-references.

As per http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/FormattingObjectsForIndexingit
seems that they are:

1) "Rather straightforward properties to implement on the FO tree side
(simple enums)."
2) "Of lesser importance for the base implementation."
3) "If FOP can get to the point where it correctly outputs a sequence of
page-numbers for a given index-key, these will be relatively easy features
to add. "

The point (1) suggests that this is not so complicated.
The point (2) suggests that this feature is not so close to complete.
The point (3) suggests that there is some kind of problem to correctly
outputs a sequence of page numbers.

I know that I can use a "double-pass" approach and act on Intermediate
Format. I can figure out if it possible to obtain the same result by a new
extension or implementing such feature in the FOP code.

I would like to try :-)

Any suggestion?

TIA

G.