Works fine for me. Getting no error message is hard to believe since the
whole program is in a try..catch(Throwable t). Nothing but a JVM crash
gets around that. All assuming, of course, that you didn't change the
example program.

My console output looks like this:

FOP ExampleJava2D2PDF

Preparing...
Output: PDF (.\out\ResultJava2D2PDF.pdf)

Generating...
Success!