Hi,

for FOP usage related question, please ask on FOP-USER list.
that said, FOP 0.20.x is no longuer supported.
In this situation, the issue will be hard to reproduce.
AFAICS, I don't remember such limitation/intercation between file size
and missing characters.

Too many unknown factors can act here, including OS or hardware.
If you cannot switch to FOP current release, perhaps you can siwtch to
the latest old design FOP (v0.20.5), I don't know if this will help you
or not.

--
Pascal