On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 12:08 PM, Jeremias Maerki
<d...@jeremias-maerki.ch>wrote:

> There must be a really, really good reason to change the frontmost
> public API of FOP in a backwards-incompatible way. Changing the API will
> cause considerable work for all users when they upgrade. We must not do
> that on a whim.

Would you consider a minor, but substantive technical change to the IF
APIs, specifically, to IFPainter, to require a revision of the major
version? I ask this because one of the arguments to IFPainter.drawText()
has been changed from int[] to int[][] in the recent complex scripts merge.

In other words, are the IF public APIs to be considered part of the formal
public FOP API that is subject to version control rules?

Do we have a precise list of which APIs are (or should be) subject to such
rules?