On 05/09/2012 14:29, Jonathan Levinson wrote:
We have customers who make heavy use of FOP TIFF.  There are situations where
TIFF generation is a requirement.

Sure, and I didn't suggest otherwise. TIFF generation works in most scenarios. Only JPEG compression is broken. If your clients are using that then surely you would have reported the bug before now. I stand by my opinion that this is not a blocker for the 1.1 release.

Thanks,

Chris

Kind Regards,
Jonathan

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Bowditch [mailto:bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 9:14 AM
To: fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Cc: priv...@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: 1.1 Release (was Vacation)

On 05/09/2012 13:55, mehdi houshmand wrote:

Hi All,

Apart from my initial e-mail there's nothing private in this e-mail thread, so
moving the discussion to fop-dev.

Bugzilla#53790 applies to FOP1.1. It's a blocking point if you're
working with TIFF, do you want me to create an analogous commit for
1.1? I haven't had the time to apply it, now seems like a good
opportunity to ask whether I should.
I don't believe that is a blocker to release. There are plenty of other
compression types that do work.

Thanks,

Chris