1.0 was broken in the sense that it mis-interpreted character codes
according to the native font encoding, while 1.1 correctly interprets as
Unicode only; in other words, 1.1 conforms to XSL-FO with respect to the
interpretation of character codes, while 1.0 did not always do so; your
test file depends (wrongly) on this broken 1.0 behavior;

as I have said previously, you need to use Unicode encodings; see the
following page for some information on a possible Unicode mapping for
Wingding

http://www.csn.ul.ie/~caolan/wingdings/proposal/