Hi all,

I posted a message yesterday about getting opinions on either adding a
dependency to fontbox to use their implementation or write our own for OTF CFF
support. I personally think that using fontbox would be the better option due
to:

1) Re-use of code rather than re-writing
2) Stability and subsequent bugfixes since the time it was released.
3) Will cut development time for implementing this feature.

There is room for discussion about making the new dependency optional i.e. FOP
working without the jar and only being called if a CFF font is used. At this
stage though the dependency issue needs to be voted on. I would therefore like
to start a vote.

As a contributor, my vote will not count toward the result, therefore the
decision is left up to the rest of you.

Regards,

Robert Meyer