ok; how about the question about future releases? until now, batik,
xgc-commons, and fop could be released with source artifacts that contained
document sources; but now, it doesn't seem like that is possible, or at
least the "dist-src" build targets do not go out to collect the new
documentation sources and copy them into the generated source artifact;

while you are at it, the old "publish.xml" ant files seem to be obsolete as
well; are there any other ant updates needed to rid us of obsolete doc work
flow?