De : Glenn Adams [mailto:gl...@skynav.com]
Envoyé : mardi 29 octobre 2013 15:02
À : FOP Developers
Objet : Java Programming Basics

I've been noticing code recently that makes it clear the author was a C/C++
programmer unfamiliar with Java. Whenever I see these things, I am fixing them
on the spot:

(1) initializers are not required for class or instance members when their
initial values are null, false, 0, etc;

e.g.

public class Foo {

  private Bar bar = null;

  private boolean done = false;

  private int value = 0;

}

should be written as:

public class Foo {

  private Bar bar;

  private boolean done;

  private int value;

}

(2) it is never necessary to invoke super() in a constructor, e.g., super() in
the following is redundant:

public class Foo {

  public Foo() {

    super();

  }

}

(3) it is never necessary to define a default constructor if there is no other
defined constructor and it does nothing; e.g.,

public class Foo {

  public Foo() {

  }

}

should not define a default constructor; Java will always supply a default
constructor if no other constructor is defined;

(4) however, if you want to prevent the generation of a default, public
constructor, then you can define a private no-argument constructor:

public class CantInstantiate {

  private CantInstantiate() {

  }

}