[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOP-1969?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=15510430#comment-15510430
 ] 

Simone Rondelli edited comment on FOP-1969 at 9/21/16 5:20 PM:
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi SImon,

I have updated the pull request:

- Checkstyle now succeed
- Findbug fixed: I don't have any issue, only lot of warning that were already 
there. I had to use the version 3.0.4 of the maven plugin to make it work with 
Java8 (https://github.com/DavidWhitlock/PortlandStateJava/issues/44). Maybe is 
worth to keep this version.
- Fixed NullPointerException
- Fixed BufferOverflowException: The fix it is actually not definitive, I'm 
still discussing with Glenn what is the best way to go about it.

As for the visual issue in the TFF I think you referred to the text printed 
with Cambria Math. I checked the CAMBRIA.TTC font and it looks like the sub 
font Cambria Math contains only one glyph. This is probably what is causing the 
issue. I tried with a different font file (cambria.ttf) and it worked fine.

Now it is probably possible to run some more test and start to review my code. 
Let me know if I can add more tests then the ones that I have currently 
implemented.




was (Author: rondelli):
Hi SImon,

I have updated the pull request:

- Checkstyle now succeed
- Findbug fixed: I don't have any issue, only lot of warning that were already 
there. I had to use the version 3.0.4 of the maven plugin to make it work with 
Java8 (https://github.com/DavidWhitlock/PortlandStateJava/issues/44). Maybe is 
worth to keep this version.
- Fixed NullPointerException
- Fixed BufferOverflowException: The fix it is actually not definitive, I'm 
still discussing with Glenn what is the best way to go about it.

As for the visual issue in the TFF I think you referred to the text printed 
with Cambria Math. I checked the cambria.ttf font and it looks like the sub 
font Cambria Math contains only one glyph. This is probably what is causing the 
issue. The other text, printed with Cambria, renders fine.

Now it is probably possible to run some more test and start to review my code. 
Let me know if I can add more tests then the ones that I have currently 
implemented.



> Surrogate pairs not treated as single unicode codepoint for display purposes
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: FOP-1969
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOP-1969
>             Project: FOP
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: unqualified
>    Affects Versions: trunk
>         Environment: Operating System: All
> Platform: All
>            Reporter: Glenn Adams
>         Attachments: Urdu.zip, pcltest.zip, single-byte.zip, testing.fo, 
> testing.fo, testing.pdf, testing.pdf, testing.xml, testing.xsl, tiffttc.zip
>
>
> unicode codepoints outside of the BMP (base multilingual plane), i.e., whose 
> scalar value is greater than 0xFFFF (65535), are coded as UTF-16 surrogate 
> pairs in Java strings, which pair should be treated as a single codepoint for 
> the purpose of mapping to a glyph in a font (that supports extra-BMP 
> mappings);
> at present, FOP does not correctly handle this case in simple (non complex 
> script) rendering paths;
> furthermore, though some support has been added to handle this in the complex 
> script rendering path, it has not yet been tested, so is not necessarily 
> working there either;



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Reply via email to