Hi,

What about turning off accessability?

Thanks

From: shutian liao [mailto:liaoshut...@gmail.com]
Sent: 13 March 2018 05:42
To: fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Performance issue on generating PDF file by Apache FOP

Hi all,

It takes long time to generate PDF file from xslt file to pdf. Following is the
time spent(run by junit test on mac) on generating different size, it's almost
linear growth with the label count, attach the generated pdf(100 labels) for
example.

Label Count

Time spent(ms)

PDF pages

Memory Used

100

4306

4

21MB

1000

13247

34

48MB

2000

19334

67

59MB

3000

27473

100

75MB

4000

32489

134

83MB

5000

36252

167

149MB

10000

56195

334

222MB

I've tried the following ways to improve the performance, but looks like it
doesn't work.

1) Using ByteArrayOutputStream

2) Set strict validation false

3) Cache font file

4) Simplify the xsl template table hierarchy

5) Set JVM  -Xms4096m -Xmx4096m

I also tried to remove the barcode from label, it can help me save 60% time.
And if I remove the label title, it can save another 20% time. So looks like
it's related with how much content we want to print.

Is it a common problem that ApacheFOP need so long time to generate PDF? Is
there any way that can help to improve performance? Any one have experience or
suggestion on this?