Hi,

When we generate PDFs with PDF/UA-1 enabled (as specified in the fop.xconf
file), <fo:basic-link> elements generate <link> tags in the PDF with alt text
automatically set to "No alternate text specified." This causes 508 compliance
issues since screen readers read this alt text instead of the specified link
text. We're wondering why <fo:basic-link> elements are treated this way since
there should be no need for alternate text if the link text is sufficiently
descriptive. We can work around this by specifying the desired link text in the
fox:alt-text attribute of the <fo:basic-link> element, but it was our
understanding that the fox:alt-text attribute was intended for non-text
elements such as images.

Thanks,

Rich Cohen
Technical Writer III, Availity Learning
Availity | 510 E. 96th St. Ste 400, Indianapolis IN 46240
P 317.814.6804 | C 317.654.5816
richard.co...@availity.com

[00 AV Logo RGB]<http://www.availity.com/>

The information contained in this e-mail may be privileged and confidential
under applicable law. It is intended solely for the use of the person or firm
named above. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, please
notify us immediately by returning the e-mail to the originating e-mail
address. Availity, LLC is not responsible for errors or omissions in this
e-mail message. Any personal comments made in this e-mail do not reflect the
views of Availity, LLC..