Weiqi,

the book I mentioned in my mail is currently generated by two sources:

1) A c++ client application sends a request to the servers process manager
(java app), which collects via our database classes all information belonging
to this book and writes a unique temp-xml document (because there are possible
100 users doing the same).
Afterwards the pdf generator looks for the necessary XSL-file for this request,
builds the FOP-Tree, renders the pdf document and informs the client about
finishing the generation process.
The client then streams the pdf from the server and shows it.

2) A user requests the generation of a specified book in our web app and 1)

1) and 2) use the same components.

So, dynamic generation of pdf files (if it is what you are thinking about) is
really straightforward with the FOP engine whatever you want to this by a web
app of dedicated client/server application.

Erik Rehrmann - IOn AG
[EMAIL PROTECTED]