Hi,

     I am getting java runtime errors on Unix, I had copied all the relevant
jars ie. fop.jar  xalan-2.0.0.jar   batik.jar   jimi-1.0.jar
xalanj1compat.jar,  however I am using an older version of xerces
(xerces.jar) instead of xerces.jar-1.2.3.jar since the rest of classes that
I am using require that.

    I do not get any errors on the fonts and I do the messages from the
driver.run() call... here's the stackTrace for the same :-

    Is there anything I am missing ?? Is there anything I am missing on the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH ?? or could be caused by the older version of xerces ???
    I am reading the "xsl:fo" file and am using "font-family" as
'sans-serif' in the xsl:fo format file for PDF generation. The same however
does work on WinNT with SP6.  Any pointers/help would be appreciated.

    Thanks (in anticipation!),

    Dharmendra

PS: PDF generation is really cool! ;-)
--------------------------
 [1Tue Aug 28 16:41:40 EDT 2001:<E> <ServletContext-General> Servlet failed
with Exception
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
        at org.apache.fop.layout.LineArea.addSpacedWord(LineArea.java:1307)
        at org.apache.fop.layout.LineArea.addText(LineArea.java:324)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.FOText.addRealText(FOText.java:272)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.FOText.addText(FOText.java:239)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.FOText.layout(FOText.java:151)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.flow.BasicLink.layout(BasicLink.java:118)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.flow.Block.layout(Block.java:260)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.flow.Flow.layout(Flow.java:150)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.flow.Flow.layout(Flow.java:109)
        at
org.apache.fop.fo.pagination.PageSequence.format(PageSequence.java:295)
        at
org.apache.fop.apps.StreamRenderer.render(StreamRenderer.java:166)
        at
org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.endElement(FOTreeBuilder.java:155)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.endElement(SAXParser.java:1398)
        at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.callEndElement(XMLValidator
.java:1019)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.dispatch(XM
LDocumentScanner.java:1256)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.
java:381)
        at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:948)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.render(Driver.java:424)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.run(Driver.java:508)
        at
com.gs.eq.horizon.view.ReportServlet.renderFO(ReportServlet.java:64)
        at
com.gs.eq.horizon.view.ReportServlet.process(ReportServlet.java:44)
        at com.gs.eq.horizon.view.HorizonBase.doProcess(HorizonBase.java:98)
        at com.gs.eq.horizon.view.HorizonBase.doGet(HorizonBase.java:30)
        at
:124)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImp
l.java:755)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImp
l.java:703)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(ServletContext
Manager.java:247)
        at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:361)
        at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:261)