From: "Smethurst, Michael" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2002 4:07 PM
Subject: internal linking between separate page-sequences

> i'm currently trying to output a PDF using a style sheet with a single
> master page and a number of page-sequences (i'm using numerous page
> sequences because i want to display different information in the page
footer
> depending upon the section). i also want to include a toc on the first
> page-sequence set which will link to the relevant page-sequence. however
> when i try to convert this it complains that "The id 'generated_id'
already
> exists in this document". Its fine if i want to link within a
page-sequence
> but seems to get confused with links between page-sequences. Included is a
> simplified version of the fop input file.
> any help much appreciated...
>

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>
> <fo:layout-master-set>
> <fo:simple-page-master master-name="A4">
> <fo:region-body margin-bottom="20mm"/>
> <fo:region-after extent="20mm"/>
> </fo:simple-page-master>
> </fo:layout-master-set>
> <fo:page-sequence country="uk" language="en" initial-page-number="1"
> master-name="A4">
> <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-after">
> <fo:block>Something</fo:block>
> </fo:static-content>
> <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
> <fo:block>
> <fo:basic-link internal-destination="generated_id">Link: Key
> Questions</fo:basic-link>
> </fo:block>
> </fo:flow>
> </fo:page-sequence>
> <fo:page-sequence country="uk" language="en" master-name="A4">
> <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-after">
> <fo:block>Something else</fo:block>
> </fo:static-content>
> <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
> <fo:block id="generated_id">Destination: Key Questions</fo:block>
> </fo:flow>
> </fo:page-sequence>
> </fo:root>
>
> the message i get is:
>
> C:\Java\Fop-0.20.1>java -cp
> build\fop.jar;lib\batik.jar;lib\xalan-2.0.0.jar;lib\
> xerces-1.2.3.jar;lib\jimi-1.0.jar org.apache.fop.apps.Fop -fo
> ..\Working\Out\Out
> .xml -pdf ..\Working\Pdf\Out.pdf
> FOP 0.20.1
> using SAX parser org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
> building formatting object tree
> setting up fonts
>  [1]
>  [2ERROR: The id "generated_id" already exists in this document
>

> Michael Smethurst
> Web Developer
> Sweet and Maxwell Group

Information transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to Wipro and/or its
Customers and
is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is
addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without
proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this
information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please
notify us immediately at mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] and delete this mail
from your records.