Michael,

I saw this discussed before. Apparently your fontname.xml file does not have a character width defined for the euro symbol. So, FOP calculates the starting position for printing the text assuming that the euro symbol has no size. The fix was to alter the fontname.xml file pointed to by your userconfig.xml file. If this is an embedded font, then you have to actually hack the fontname.xml file that is being compiled into FOP. I really have no idea how you would do any of these things but, that was the thread of the discussion.

Chuck

Michael König wrote:

Hello,
I use a table where I find a strange behaviour.

Whenever I use a unicode-character like the Euro-Currency-Symbol \u20AC
the following columns a more or less shifted to the right.

Like this:

no unicode used     19,00
with unicode           19,00
no unicode          20,00

The table is formated like this: <fo:table-row> <fo:table-cell> <fo:block><xsl:value-of select="summe/beschreibung"/></fo:block> </fo:table-cell> <fo:table-cell> <fo:block text-align="end"><xsl:value-of select="summe/betrag"/></fo:block> </fo:table-cell> </fo:table-row>

and the xml:
..
<summe><beschreibung>no unicode
<summe><beschreibung>with unicode
..

Any idea?
By the way, the DOM-Document has encoding="UTF-8"

Thanks, Michael