From: Sharan, Dharmendra [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: vrijdag 25 januari 2002 17:34
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: PDF - displaying GIF under UNIX

Hi Fop Users,

     Have you ever tried to display GIF images on Unix within PDF generated
using XSL FO ?

     I am able to get the same working in Windoze, however on Unix it throws
an exception :-

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: exception occurred in JNI_OnLoad
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1382)
        at
sun.security.action.LoadLibraryAction.run(LoadLibraryAction.java:53)
        at
sun.awt.image.NativeLibLoader.loadLibraries(NativeLibLoader.java:41)
        at sun.awt.image.GifImageDecoder.<clinit>(GifImageDecoder.java:367)
        at
sun.awt.image.InputStreamImageSource.getDecoder(InputStreamImageSource.java:
222)
        at sun.awt.image.URLImageSource.getDecoder(URLImageSource.java:142)
        at
sun.awt.image.InputStreamImageSource.doFetch(InputStreamImageSource.java:251
)
        at sun.awt.image.ImageFetcher.fetchloop(ImageFetcher.java:217)
        at sun.awt.image.ImageFetcher.run(ImageFetcher.java:185)

    I am using JDK1.3, and have all the XSL FOP jars in the "CLASSPATH" and
LD_LIBRARY_PATH has "/opt/jdk-1.3/jre/lib/sparc"

    Is there anything I am missing ? Any help appreciated.

   Thanks!

   Dharmendra