Peter Chant wrote:

Hmm, I added it in the shell script which runs fop but no joy, mind you I am now not getting seg faults. I upgraded slack to glibc 2.2.4. With fop 0.20.3rc I now get:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log/format/Formatter
at org.apache.fop.apps.Fop.main(Fop.java:16)

Sounds like a classpath issue. Make sure you have avalon-framework-4.0.jar and logkit-1.0b4.jar included.

make: *** [directory.pdf] Error 1

(Note, I am running fop from make to create a document directory.pdf).

Have you thought about using ant ;-)

I have a fix for the moment, using fop 0.20.1. I'm sure this is not a good long term fix, but at least it gets me running.

Christian