Hopefully someone can help me or at least point me in the right
direction.

My original problem was that I had a parse error because my xml had the
character 0x92 (slanted apostraphe) in it. After using
encoding=iso-8859-1 this problem went away. Now the character displays
as a # in the PDF output. Ideally I'd like to have it displayed as it is
meant to be.

As the font I'm using sans-serif, which is probably Helvetica. That
leaves me with a few questions:

Does this base font support what I want?
Should I use a different encoding?
Do I have to do stuff with embedding fonts or font metrics to ensure PDF
recognises this character?

Cheers

Tim Keen
Analyst Programmer
WERD Project
Dept of Natural Resources & Mines
4th Floor, Mineral House
41 George St
Brisbane QLD 4000
(07) 3224 2559 (ph)
(07) 3224 7963 (fax)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

and/or publication of this e-mail message is prohibited.

computer system network.