EXT-Reddy, Swathi A wrote:

Hi,

I am new to XML FOP. I saw your message about "Re: How to avoid using too
much memory to create relatively large PDF file". I created an XML file with
<PAGE> tags. In my XSL file, I am using the following code to do page breaks
- <xsl:apply-templates select="page"/>
<fo:page-sequence master-name="master-sequence">
<fo:static-content flow-name="header">
.
I have a document that will generate 3000 pages. Is this conversion to PDF
is feasible using FOP? Thanks.

Swathi Reddy
(206)544-8542
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Swathi,
That's what you should do if you already exactly know the contents of each page (such as your standard main-frame reports where text fields are truncated and/or the page breaks are pre-calculated when data wraps.) If there is a lot of free-form text and you want FOP to deal with text placement, then producing "sections" of pages that are less than 50 pages should be fine.
(Also, you should post your questions to the list rather than sending them directly to me.)

Chuck