Chinn, Gale wrote:

I am new to fop and can get it to run command line, but would like to get it
to run in a servlet.
I have followed the info on fop's embedding page using fop.war file in the
webapps directory of Tomcat on ver 3.2 and 4, but cannot get it to work
using:
http://localhost:8080/fop/fop?fo=... or
http://localhost:8080/fop/servlet/fop?fo=...

I would just like to get a simple pdf to come back to my browser to prove a
point to my group leader.  Any help would be appreciated

TIA,

Gale Chinn
Programmer/Analyst
Cessna Aircraft Company
Wichita, KS

Gale,

I dropped in the WAR, put my .fo file into /webapps and called the servlet with

http://localhost:8080/fop/fop?fo=../webapps/test.fo
or
http://localhost:8080/fop/fop?xml=../webapps/test.xml&xsl=../webapps/test.xsl

notice the ../ at the beginning of the path to the files. That's because the default root path for files in tomcat is /bin so you have to start the relative path from there.

Chuck