From: Stephen Clarke [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: February 21, 2002 11:03 PM
To: fop
Subject: individual character in symbol font?

Hi,
Here's the sitch. I got an element, let's say
<element>Interdum volgus rectum videt, est ubi peccat. Si veteres ita
miratur laudatque poetas, ut nihil anteferat, nihil illis comparet, errat.
Si quaedam nimis antique, si peraque dure dicere credit eos, ignave multa
fatetur, et sapit et mecum facit et Iova iudicat aequo.
</element>

Now. Let's say I have a greek symbol in the middle of that lot, and I want
to render it in symbol font. I know about <character font-family="Symbol">
but how do i pick out that character and leave the rest in normal font, if
you see what i mean. It's really an xsl question, but i though perhaps
somebody could help. I know about copy-of, but that copies only the text and
leaves out the sybol.

Could i mark up the symbol with, eg. <s>N</s> and then convert it
individually. What would the xsl markup look like.

Thanks,
--
Best,
Stephen Clarke