Try this: This is by the way a part of my servlet.....

        parser = new DOMParser();
        parser.parse("invoice1.xsl");
        document = parser.getDocument();
        Driver FOPDriver = new Driver();

FOPDriver.addElementMapping("org.apache.fop.fo.StandardElementMapping");

FOPDriver.addElementMapping("org.apache.fop.svg.SVGElementMapping");

FOPDriver.addElementMapping("org.apache.fop.extensions.ExtensionElementMappi
ng");

FOPDriver.addPropertyList("org.apache.fop.fo.StandardPropertyListMapping");

FOPDriver.addPropertyList("org.apache.fop.svg.SVGPropertyListMapping");

FOPDriver.addPropertyList("org.apache.fop.extensions.ExtensionPropertyListMa
pping");
            FOPDriver.buildFOTree(document);
            FOPDriver.setOutputStream(out);
            FOPDriver.setRenderer(FOPDriver.RENDER_PDF);
            FOPDriver.format();
            FOPDriver.render();
            byte[] content = out.toByteArray();
            response.setContentLength(content.length);
            response.getOutputStream().write(content);
            response.getOutputStream().flush();