Hi,

Lets consider what this problem could be:
- you are getting a transform error when using xml and xslt (stylesheet error)
- the files from the distribution also have the problem
- the files in the distribution work in the distribution
- your file probably also work on the command line
- the FopServlet works (I have tested it)

This immediately tells us the it is a problem with the environment. What is different? You are running in a servlet. What libraries does the servlet use to run? I'm sure it is using an xml parser and possibly an xslt processor.

So fix your classpath, ie. remove old/incompatible versions of xml libararies. (Note: jdk1.4 includes an xml parser)