Hello all,

I have a problem with fo:external-graphic.

I use a Servlet to do PDF generation together with a test style sheet which
produces FO-code in which the following fo:external-graphic is contained:

<fo:external-graphic src="file:///c:/xml_space/lohnsteuer/fd_logo.gif"
height="0.58cm" width="2.71cm"/>

When I use this under jBuilder with integrated Apache Tomcat 3.2 to include
the GIF fd_logo.gif into the PDF everything works fine.

But: after the whole application is distributed to my stand alone Tomcat 4.0
server problems occur (see following exception).
The error occurs with FOP 0.20.2RC and with 0.20.3 also.

What's the cause for this?
What alternatives do I have?

Best regards, Michael

(exception information follows)

exception root cause...
  java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/svg/SVGDocument

complete exception as follows...

type Exception report
message Internal Server Error

description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server Error)
that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

        at
root cause

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/svg/SVGDocument
        at
org.apache.fop.image.analyser.ImageReaderFactory.Make(ImageReaderFactory.jav
a:45)
        at org.apache.fop.image.FopImageFactory.Make(FopImageFactory.java:100)
        at
org.apache.fop.fo.flow.ExternalGraphic.layout(ExternalGraphic.java:125)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.flow.Block.layout(Block.java:259)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.flow.TableCell.layout(TableCell.java:263)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.flow.TableRow.layout(TableRow.java:344)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.flow.TableBody.layout(TableBody.java:172)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.flow.Table.layout(Table.java:226)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.flow.Block.layout(Block.java:259)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.flow.StaticContent.layout(StaticContent.java:78)
        at
org.apache.fop.fo.pagination.PageSequence.layoutStaticContent(PageSequence.j
ava:413)
        at
org.apache.fop.fo.pagination.PageSequence.formatStaticContent(PageSequence.j
ava:362)
        at
org.apache.fop.fo.pagination.PageSequence.format(PageSequence.java:302)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.StreamRenderer.render(StreamRenderer.java:191)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.endElement(FOTreeBuilder.java:178)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.endElement(SAXParser.java:1398)
        at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.callEndElement(XMLValidator
.java:1007)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.dispatch(XM
LDocumentScanner.java:1255)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.
java:380)
        at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:908)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.render(Driver.java:459)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.run(Driver.java:542)
        at
formdirekt.pdfgen.POSTReceiveServlet.renderFO(POSTReceiveServlet.java:145)
        at
formdirekt.pdfgen.POSTReceiveServlet.doPost(POSTReceiveServlet.java:71)
        at
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Schifferdecker;Michael
FN:Schifferdecker, Michael
TEL;CELL;VOICE:+49 178 4581747
ADR;HOME:;;S2,2;Mannheim;;68161
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:S2,2=0D=0AMannheim 68161
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
EMAIL;INTERNET:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
EMAIL;INTERNET:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
EMAIL;INTERNET:[EMAIL PROTECTED]