From: David Le Strat [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 12:05 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: FOP Performance Limitations?

All,

I am currently working on a project where we are dynamically creating PDF
documents based on a user input.  When a user selects a specific period of
time, we pull out the matching records from the database, convert the
dataset to XML and render a PDF report based on that dataset.  Now,
everything works fine when we are manipulating up to 200 records (we get the
result in 1 or 2 minutes).  However some reports manipulate 7000 or 8000
records and in these particular instances, the performance degrades fairly
significantly (no report was rendered after 40 minutes).

Does any of you have any idea/input on how to improve performance using FOP
in such cases and what type of performance we should expect for the above
examples?

Thank you for your help.

David Le Strat.