Title: RE: Reporting Engine !!

Hello,

Mathias wrote:
> I'm looking for a decent report engine that can produce results in FO.
> Anyone aware of such an engine (or any decent report engine
> that can nativly
> write pdf)? Open source solution preferred!

Write a DOM (or JDOM or SAX) adatper for your object model resp. database (or an XSLT extension in the later case), query this DOM using XALAN producing some specific XML format (e.g. some simlified HTML) and transform this HTML for FO.

An example of a nice HTML to FO XSL can be found at
                http://www.antennahouse.com/axf11sampleEN.htm
(Note that this example doesn't work 100% with FOP, since FOP doesn't implement 100% FO yet)

Regard,

Jens