JoŽl Conraud wrote:
Hello,

I tried to use Microsoft?s entry point for Java when invoking fop, and thus replaced ?java? by ?jview? in Fop.bat.

May be I?m doing something stupid here but I?m not a developer, just a user of Java/fop, so it should be Ok, isn?it ?

AFAIK jview is JDK 1.1 only and FOP needs at least JDK1.2

When I ran fop on docs/examples/fo/simple.fo, I got the following problem :

jview -cp build\fop.jar;lib\batik.jar;lib\xalan-2.0.0.jar;lib\xerces-1.2.3.jar;lib\avalon-framework-4.0.jar;lib\logkit-1.0.jar;lib\jimi-1.0.jar org.apache.fop.apps.

Fop docs\examples\fo\simple.fo simple.pdf

[..]

ERREUR : java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java/io/File: method getParentFile()Ljava/
io/File; not found

Is it impossible to run fop this way ?

I think yes ... Why don't you use JDK/JRE from Sun (or IBM)

Is it another example of non portable java application (probably because of issues on Windows side) ?

No, it's another example that Microsoft doesn't like Java ;-)

Thanks for you help,

JoŽl Conraud

Christian