Carter, Will wrote:
I am having problems with external svg files in my fo file when generating
PDFs using FopServlet.
This doesn't work....generatedsvg.svg is in the same directory as
generatedjpg.jpg.  the resulting pdf has a blank space where the svg should
be.

First: Can you view the SVG with an SVG viewer, like the one provided by Batik? Second: Try the FOP command line. Does the SVG show up now? Are you getting errors? Third: You may have run into scaling/clipping problems. If you replace the SVG content (all stuff inside the top level svg element) by a single blue rectangle, does this show up?

Note that it is advisable to avoid secifying the height/with
of the SVG in pixels, or without any units. Use for example
millimeters instead.