Mihael Knezevic wrote:
hi,

has someone been successfull on embedding fop in his/her own application.
i'm trying but it doesn't work. there are some error messages:
[ERROR]: Logger not set
[DEBUG]: using SAX parser org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
SystemId Unknown; Line 0; Column 0; Couldn't create PDF file.
File "myfile" not found.
but when use fop on the same xml file, it works.

A lot of people have embedded FOP successfully. You'll have to supply some more information to get a useful answer. Your problem has probably something to do with resolving relative URIs. If you use the command line FOP application, the current working directory is used for resolving relative URIs. This means, if you simply give a file name, the file will be searched in the current directory. The servlet engine probably has some other CWD, so it won't find the file. Try to specify the absolute pathname of the file, like /my/dir/myfile or C:\my\dir\myfile
and perhaps someone can enlighten my on what SystemId is?
If you don't know what your SystemId is, how should I?