Jenny,

1. To convert an XML to PDF, you'll need a properly coded XSL document. (For instance, see if you can run the glossary example in ../examples/markers

command line = " fop -xsl glossary.xsl -xml glossary.xml -pdf glossary.pdf "

2. Display the results in a web page. Look at the instructions in http://xml.apache.org/fop/embedding.html

3. Actually pulling it off. You'll need to study some

XSL tutorials like the one at http://www.arbortext.com/xsl/
FO tutorial like the one at http://www.renderx.com/tutorial.html

Chuck

Cai, Jenny (US - Dallas) wrote:

Hi,

I just successfully run the examples (simple.fo) provided in 'fop-0.20.3-bin.tar.gz' file under fop-0.20.3\docs\examples\fo subdirectory in the command prompt and I got a pdf file successfully . I still have the following question:

1. How can I view the source code for this example?

2. I also looked over all the rest of the folders included in 'fop-0.20.3' and there are a lot other folders like design, html-docs(some .html files in it), xml-docs(some xml files in it), etc. What are all those files used for?

3. Actually what I want to do is: convert a XML file to PDF file and display this PDF file on the web page. How to do this?

I am new to this and really like to have your advices and help. So if you could provide further information, I would appreciate it very much.

Jenny

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.