Hi Alex,

This is taken from a very old style sheet floating around on my pc (I think
it used FOP version 0.18 or something)
but you need to define the columns in your fo:region-body definition. If you
use a page-sequence fop will insert the
text in the columns. I'm not 100% sure about current syntax but it will
probably be something like this (this is older
syntax, like I said before):

   <xsl:template match="/">
      <fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>
         <fo:layout-master-set>
            <fo:simple-page-master master-name="A4"
                page-width="210mm"  page-height="297mm"
                margin-top="0.5in"  margin-bottom="0.5in"
                margin-left="0.5in" margin-right="0.5in">
               <fo:region-before extent="1in"/>
               <fo:region-after extent="2in"/>
               <fo:region-body
                   margin-top="1in"