Following Alex's advice, I went through both fop and w3-xsl-fo mailing
archives.
Here is what I found at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xsl-fo/2001Nov/0015.html:

<fo:block text-align-last="justify" end-indent="2pc"
last-line-end-indent="-2pc">
  <fo:inline keep-with-next.within-line="always">Chapter 1</fo:inline>
  <fo:inline keep-together.within-line="always">
    <fo:leader leader-pattern="dots" keep-with-next.within-line="always"/>
    1
  </fo:inline>
</fo:block>

Looks good, but fop breaks the line just before page number and spoils the
job. Any idea why, or how it can be amended?

Thanks in advance,
Michal Kwiatek

BiznesPartner.pl SA
ul. Mlynarska 48